Sunday, October 18, 2009

Another Day In Paradise




Buzzzzzzzzz…..Buzzzzzz…….Buzzzzzz……..No, that’s not a digital bee from a Hindi movie. That’s my ringtone, Rio’s ‘Shine On’ wakes me up in the morning to find that I’m late for my morning chores and then off to work. Gaurav has already woken up and is busy arranging the books in the main hall. Another five minutes, shit no, it will be too late, can’t afford that luxury. Shit, 20 minutes has gone. Wake up Shils! No one to wake me up with a warm cup of coffee and the newspapers, miss The Telegraph here. Switch on the ThinkPad just beside the bed and connect to mail server.

The buzz remains in the head while I take a quick brush and shave, no food. Off to the local market to get some milk, egg, bread & butter – our staple breakfast and my lunch as well at most times.

Shit, so many mails in the morning!! I think when people come down to office and want to vent their subdued anger, they write mails and to make things worse, they mark Cc to the entire world.

Gaurav yells as the milk boils down the gas on to the floor, shit not again! Quickly finish the breakfast discussing how we should cut down our beer and our ‘Aiashi’ expenses.

Buzzz….calls from partners, by that I do not mean life partners but dealers. We call them partners, marketing to get closer to them I guess to make them sale more of the brand. Every company has something or the other in their sleeves. Every partner in this planet is irritated at something or the other it seems, whether it’s a business partner or life partner in the long run. The BP as we call them is unhappy about something in life and wants something to be done about it in an urgent basis. ‘Yes’, ‘Right’, ‘Correct’ are the words generally used in these kinda conversations (has exceptions). Some more mails and reports to be sent. The funniest thing I found about corporate emailing I find these days is that people do not check them. So, at first, send them a mail, then call them up telling them that a mail has been sent, thirdly email them again to ask that the work has been done or not and yet again call them asking them that the work has been done or not. WTF!!!

‘Chappandi' (చెప్పండి) sir, Paradise ? No autos will go even if they are sitting idol after their ‘tiffin’ of idli, vada with the inevitable chutney. Bargain for the best and we are off amongst the heavy traffic with horns blaring and people trying to jump and cross the street risking their life at every go. I guess the latter part has become a part of any ‘metropolitans’. Ain’t metropolitans suppose to be better in infrastructure and all that? Never mind that, we devotedly give our votes to some f….ed up political party who will do nothing anyways!

Partner1….Partner2…Partner3….You are out!! Parter4..Parnter5..Ok, now I can afford to be out. Fight in Hindi with a Telegu speaking Auto-wala to take me back home. I am home honey..Errrr..Wait..there is no honey at home, only Gaurav. There is no dinner also. What’s cookin?? Whatever you cook comes the quick reply from Gaurav. Ohh..okk. Lets start. We manage to make some rice and Dal with ample amount of ‘Ghee’ to cover up all the flaws. Gaurav really cooks well, a ladies man. And me? Never mind..Lets proceed..

Damn, never knew my cooking could taste so god damn good, it is worth it after all the mosquito bites and telling each other how happy our wives would be as we would cook for them such lovely dish(es).

Gaurav goes for his slumber while I hit the obvious Facebook & the infamous Farmville. Gaurav hates me for this!

Buzzz…A quick couple of calls from friends, especially from Kolkata. Can’t explain how much I miss them and how I have not been able to give time to most of them and forgetting their birthdays on a random basis, gosh!!!!! I hate me for this. Birthday’s to me these days are Facebook reminder, did I not wish them before FB/Orkut ?

I fall asleep on my mattress with the laptop on downloading some Bollywood numbers and my phone keeps on ringing to some unattended friends…Shine On..

4 comments:

Raka said...

good for u and ur darling's wife since u ppl are preparing urself well... nicely framed daily life of urs...:)

Witch said...

like i said u sound married to gaurav :P so go ahead & do it, zyada kuch nahi sirf if there is orientation ka hi thoda sa mismatch hai par khana to accha banati(a) hai na lols...

Witch said...

ignore prev:(sounds like a subj from one of those official mails u have refered to here)

like i said u sound married to gaurav :P so go ahead & do it, zyada kuch nahi sirf orientation ka hi thoda sa mismatch hai par khana to accha banati(a) hai na lols...

Arka said...

Nice one Shils, old boy! You should blog more often!