Sunday, July 19, 2009

Almost Missed The Flight...


Who says you need to be in the Kargil Border to get the chill down your spines??


Recently, I was in Hyderabad for 3 some work. I was putting up with this college friend in a place which was 1.5 hours from the airport, real interior it seemed to me though he kept on telling me that it was the centre of Hyderabad.


I had to catch a flight back to Indore and the only one I could afford was at 6:10am in the morning!! Given the fact, I am not an early riser, it wasn't a merry news to me. The night before Gaurav & me met up with a common friend Rohit, and meeting friends after a long time deciphers to chugging of beer and yet some more beer!! The same happened as usual and was back home at 1:30 am! Set the snooze for 2:30 am, had to catch the Aeroexpress bus, go the airport, get the ticket printouts in hand, get some coffee, board the flight, smile back at the air hostess(Damn, they manage to look good anytime with that smile on their face) and snore--lot of work to do!!


Woke up after cursing the mobile phone snoozer a million times with a heavy head and saw it was 4am already!! Damn!! I was freaking late and it was a company paid flight, if I miss it, then I have to send 100 mails giving explanations plus I gotta foot the bill!! Almost tossed Gaurav off the bed, he was also in a trance after a heavy duty Royal Challenge and Bingo last night. Dad always said before leaving Kolkata,"Don't have any bad stuff (drugs & alcohol), it will lead you into trouble", hate to admit, he was right again!!


Just put on the socks & shoes and I was ready to travel, I knew I would be late, so I didn't bother to change to night clothes, it paid off. Gaurav put on the keys to his bike and me balancing a 24" big suitcase at the back along with a Laptop back filled with junk(yes, that much luggage for a 3 day trip). I felt like balancing an Almira in a trapeze and the bumpers and the bad road didn't help! I never thought Hyderabad in the months of July can be so chilly in the night. The entire atmosphere was so sleepy..


Reached the bus stand, the bus had left, next bus was not coming within 30 mins, had to take a private cab and rush to the airport, errr..wait..no money, rush to ATM first, the security guard was fast asleep on a mattress inside, I went inside, took out money, took his picture (will upload soon), and rushed to the airport!! I was almost in time to get the tickets, the coffee, the smile on the face and board the flight only to fall asleep again...



--This first blog is dedicated to a friend who thinks I am on of the best SOB STORYTELLER of all times...Miss you 'friend' :-)


4 comments:

simply puja said...

the perfect way to start off ur blog shiluu...this is so uuu..I can picturize u running in ur tracks trust me I can LOl..keep the stories comin...

Witch said...

hmmm...forget the blog tell me abt the special frnd... ;)who in the wrld can evr call u a sob story teller?? but come to think of it i quite agree with him/her :P ...btw u do hav a tendency of getting into trouble...lols...keep out of troubl...we wont mind even if u write about regular stuff..

P.S. i can never understand wat is it with men & air hostesses...they may look like a hag but still men drool over them..

@ puja s: good u imagined him running in his tracks..though in reality it could hav been anything from a half pant to his birthday suit hahhaaa :D

Raka said...

nice... hope u write regular...if u dont pay me 100 bucks for each day u miss...

Shils said...

@ simply Puja- Will do that Puja, let me know how to improve the blogs.

@ Puja- Let special friend be 'special' only. Some ppl are better not mentioned in public as long as that person knows I am talking about him/her.

Also, you must have looked at the air hostesses of Indigo/Air India, they look worse than hag!! Check out Kingfisher next time, I did that for 8hrs waiting at Mumbai airport around a week back, lol!

@ Raka- Thanks, OTS I will give U.. :-)